The Outaouais Go Club is proud to present
The 2012 Canadian Go Open
- June 29 to July 2, 2012
- Canada Day Weekend
- It's a 4-day event
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
283, Alexandre-Taché Blvd
- 5 minutes from Downtown Ottawa
- 6+ Dan: $60
- 1-5 Dan: $50
- 1-10 kyu: $45
- Beginners: $40
- Tournament Champion:
$1,000.00 cash prize
- Canadian Champion:
$700.00 cash prize
- Other sections:
Go Books and private internet lessons with Guo Juan
- Special Door Prize
List of Participants
- THE Canadian go event of the year, the one you just can’t miss
- High level competition – Compete against the Best!
- State of the art facilities
- Great number of players in ALL categories
- Lectures and Reviews by our guest professional Guo Juan (5P)
- Play 2 games per day leaving time to enjoy the event
- Celebrate Canada Day in the Capital.
- We have reserved a block of rooms at the University campus where the event is held. These rooms are affordable, and offer everything you need, including fully equipped kitchen, washrooms, and air conditioning, all of that for a cost ranging between $25 to $50 per night.
- More details
- As we understand that traveling to participate in the Canadian Open can be a costly endeavour. We have made some serious efforts to make it as affordable as possible. We have successfully negotiated favourable rates with the University for accommodations during the tournament.
- 3 two-bedroom apartments
Fee: $235.00/room for 4 nights
($58.75 per night)
- 10 three-bedroom apartments
Fee: $160.00/room for 4 nights
($40.00 per night)
- 3 four-bedroom apartments
Fee: $125.00/room for 4 nights
($31.25 per night)
- The apartments are available from Thursday evening (June 28th) to Monday norning (July 2nd). We have reserved enough to accommodate 48 people. These will be attributed by order of confirmed and paid registrations.
- Register early!
- These apartments are fully furnished, air conditioned and include free wireless internet access. There is a kitchen with everything you need to prepare your meals.
- These apartments are located on the University Campus, less than 2 minutes walking distance from the event.
- All the activities of the event will be held in the new state of the art facilities of the Université du Québec en Outaouais. These include a large conference room, a large reception area and state of the art classrooms, all equipped with the latest audio-visual technology.
- The large conference room is designed to minimize echo and noise, and will be divided in sections in order to minimize disturbances during game play.
Format and Schedule
- 6 rounds - Swiss MacMahon
- 2 games per day – Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- 1 hour per player
- Byo-yomi: 25 moves per 10 minutes
- Playoffs on Monday
Pair Go Tournament
- 3 rounds - Swiss MacMahon
- Will be held on Monday
- 45 minutes per player – no Byo-yomi
- There will also be scheduled Lectures from our guest professional Guo Juan, as well as game reviews and simultaneous games.
- For those interested, we will also plan for affordable transportation to and from the Parliament Hill in order to participate in the Canada Day Celebrations on July 1st, including concert and fireworks.